English language editing service for authors
DDO offers a competitively priced service for proof-reading and editing scientific/technical manuscripts. Our editors are scientifically trained and native English speakers.
- Conform to your choice of British- or American-English
- Correct spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors
- Ensure consistency
- Format and style to specific journal requirements
- Suggest improvements for clarity
- Verify and correct scientific terminology
- Track all changes in Word for your approval
All documents are treated with the highest confidentiality and will be seen only by DDO’s editors, who have signed confidentiality agreements.
When you submit your document (see below) we will provide you with a quotation, and will not charge you more than the quoted price. As a guide, editing a typical 3000-word document would cost £150 (excluding VAT if applicable).
We offer a free re-edit or a full refund if your manuscript is rejected by any journal because of English language errors after we’ve edited it (applies only if no language changes are made to the manuscript after our edits).
To obtain a no-obligation quotation, simply e-mail your manuscript, requirements and any questions:
Once you have accepted our quotation and authorised us to proceed, we normally expect to provide you with the edited document in 3-5 business days.